Aotearoa New Zealand’s histories webinars
Attend an interactive webinar to explore Aotearoa New Zealand’s histories. The webinar will feature:
- an overview of the Aotearoa New Zealand’s histories curriculum content
- how the Understand, Know, Do model weaves together to support learning
- exploration of stories using the histories content as a framework to think about how to approach the teaching of Aotearoa New Zealand’s histories
- an opportunity for your questions on histories to be answered.
The webinar will be delivered in English and is aimed at:
- kaiako of students in years 1–10
- school leaders
- facilitators, museum educators, and other support staff.
It is not aimed at students or the general public.
The webinars will run for 50 minutes on Zoom. Each webinar will have a limited number of places so get in quick to secure your place!
How to register
Available dates and times are listed below. Choose one that suits you best. Each session will have the same content. Follow the relevant date link to register. Note that each webinar will not be recorded.
Tuesday, 10 May – 3:30pm (FULL)
Thursday, 12 May – 3:45pm (FULL)
Tuesday, 17 May – 4:00pm (FULL)
Wednesday, 18 May – 4:30pm (FULL)
Wednesday, 25 May – 3:30pm (FULL)
Thursday, 26 May – 3:45pm (FULL)
Tuesday, 31 May – 4:00pm (FULL)
Before attending the webinar, it would be helpful to familiarise yourself with the Aotearoa New Zealand’s histories curriculum content – content overview.
Each webinar will be tailored to the questions asked by participants before and during the webinars, and participants will be put into randomised breakout groups enabling them to actively engage with the content.
As well as individually, you can attend the webinar in pairs or as a team, but please only register one Zoom account.
Running the latest version of Zoom on a computer, tablet or smartphone is recommended for the best experience. Visit Zoom – download to get the latest version.
Please send any queries regarding the Aotearoa New Zealand’s Histories webinars to email@example.com
Introducing Aotearoa New Zealand’s histories
Information on why and how our histories are included in The New Zealand Curriculum